The rejuvenated CBC public website and the new Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services (CBC/CTS) corporate site officially launch Wednesday, Oct. 31.
By mastering the ruby slippers Dorothy learned she could have it all. She explored the magical Land of Oz, and with a click of her heels returned home to Kansas where she belonged. CBC invites all donors, partners and supporters to visit the revitalized www.GivingBlood.org, discover all that is new… and feel right at home.
The premier comes after a 10-month design, reconstruction and implementation collaboration with Openfield Creative based in Cincinnati.
“It’s exciting to bring a new world of service and communications to our donor community,” said CBC Donor Relations Director Andrew Keelor, project leader for the website redesign. “Our goal at every step was to anticipate the questions our donors and partners might ask and give them fast, accurate answers and solutions. We can’t wait to see how they will embrace the new www.GivingBlood.org.”
“We are thrilled to be supporting Community Blood Centers’ mission by increasing the effectiveness of their online communications,” said Josh Barnes, co-founder at Openfield Creative. “The new site has been completely overhauled to support the needs of the organization and engage with their donor base at a deeper level.”
Visitors to the site will immediately notice striking black-and-white images with bright red accents. CBC chose this theme because it seems to best embrace the spirit of our community of blood donors, blood recipients and all who cherish and encourage the gift of life.
The theme and images roll out the welcome mat, but it’s the vastly improved functionality and user friendliness that pull visitors into the site and encourage exploration.
• If you have questions about what happens when you donate blood, it’s simple and easy to navigate your way to the answers. The goal is to be especially helpful to our potential first-time donors.
• Are you inspired to organize a blood drive at your church, business or school? The new www.GivingBlood.org tells you how and connects you to the CBC account representative in your area who is eager to help.
• Visitors can also explore CBC’s varied and resourceful education program, designed to share knowledge with students of all ages, and always at no cost. You’ll be encouraged to invite the “My Blood, Your Blood” program to your school or the LAB mobile classroom to your event.
• Convenient access to all CBC offers in the vast world of online connections and social media. You can find a drive and register to donate with a quick link to DonorTime.com, or get the latest buzz about people, incentives and events by jumping to CBC’s Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube and WordPress blog pages.
• The new www.GivingBlood.org also makes it easy to get involved with the CBC community – as a donor, a volunteer or a supporter – and most of all, as a closely connected member of the CBC family.
Visit the new www.GivingBlood.com. After all, there’s no place like home.